Update of June 11th, 2021
BREAKING NEWS: The European Parliament gives the green light to digital corona passports in the EU. If you have been vaccinated or have had corona, you can travel to us freely, without the requirement for quarantine or testing for viruses on arrival in Norway!
MEPs agreed that EU countries can not have their own travel rules such as quarantine, isolation and testing of people who have fit, unless it is necessary and proportionate to protect public health.
A step towards free movement:
All EU countries must accept vaccine passports from other member states, which apply to vaccines approved by the European Medicines Agency (EMA), according to the report, but member states can choose and also approve vaccines approved by the World Health Organization (WHO).
“Today, Parliament has accelerated the return of free movement and a fully functional Schengen while continuing to fight this pandemic,” said Juan Fernando López Aguilar, chair of the Civil Liberties Committee.
SAFE TO VISIT: It is safe to book with us for upcoming aurora season!
The safety and security of our guests is our highest priority these days. In order to create optimal safety for our guests and of course also for our employees, we have supplemented our usual procedures and routines with the following special initiatives
- Naturally, we follow all recommendations and guidelines from the Norwegian government.
- All employees have received detailed information about COVID-19 and instructions based on government recommendations.
- Stands and bottles of hand sanitizer are freely available to guests and staff in all common areas and facilities.
- We ensure all exposed surfaces, such as door handles, payment terminals etc are continuously disinfected with antibacterial liquid.
- We have clear procedures for dealing with colleagues who may show signs of illness – obviously, they do not come to work.
- We will of course contact the health authorities immediately and launch a coordinated action plan, if we discover a case of Coronavirus at the Aurora Borealis Observatory.
Facilities and Restaurant at Aurora Borealis Observatory
- All apartments, rooms and suites have their own common areas. We are a small resort with a lot of space so it will never feel crowded.
- We offer breakfast buffet in our restaurant every day.
- Room service is also possible in case of self-isolation
- The restaurant is open every day and we make sure that our guests have a lot of space.
- Jacuzzis are open and all our guests can order separate times
- All food and beverages must be consumed either in the restaurants or in the room.
- Our outdoor areas are big and you can keep a safe distance to all other guests.
- Facemasks should be worn where required.
- Aurora Borealis Observatory complies with all government recommendations regarding distance and maximum number of people gathered in one place.
- Refreshments in conjunction with meetings are served in portions as take-away meals. Food and drinks should be consumed when seated in the meeting room.